BOOYEA! I fixed it!

It’s official. The troubles I was having with the engine are over. As of today (and I have spent the last two weeks working on this) I can get first person animations into CryEngine 3.

This is extremely important, both for my project and for the Cry-Community. With the problem solved, and after I get a few more things tested.. I’m going to begin work on a melee weapon tutorial for CryEngine. I do like my tutorials… Hopefully I get better at writing them.

OH – speaking of. To anyone who followed my arm rigging tutorials – you shouldn’t have any issues as you weren’t plagued by bad source files like I was. It turns out the problem I was having was related to my improper treatment of reference files. Don’t let them deprecate, it’s bad.