There’s been some buzz on the CryDev Forums. We’ve recently been working on discovering the nuances of TCP/UDP socketing and CryEngine’s server capabilities. Well, I’d like to say I take no credit for discovering this process, I simply documented it. I have also posted it here.
Full list of steps taken:
- Export functional map to engine.
- Open CryLauncher. Log in using credentials.
- Console Command “map mapname s” (s is for server.)
- Once map loaded. Open second CryLauncher. Use same credentials.
- In new CryLauncher window, enter console command “connect 127.0.0.1” (This is your localhost as defined in your hosts file. It could be any IP address which is currently receiving.)
- CryLauncher hoses, loads slow, but eventually loads.
- You can alt-tab between windows and effect change.
(Note: italic text represents a placeholder. You may need to adjust the values. (HINT: Replace mapname with forest.))