So I’ve about finished off my first game.. Project “RAGEformer,” which I’ve been referring to lately as “PT” is very near completion. It ultimately comes off as a Mario clone, and that is basically intended. (Originally, I’d wanted to do something more in the scope of a Metrodvania; but time constraints along with a strong drive to actually finish a project led to a compromise in scope.)
So long, CryEngine 3…
It’s done. I’m out. To elaborate: when they nixed support for my IDE, this forced me out of their community. Any plans I had made with the Engine have ultimately fell through. Any game concepts I was working on are on hold until further notice.
And Hello Stencyl
I’ve moved into Mobile Game Development. And since I haven’t the foggiest notion on where to start – to learn how to target mobile platforms – I’m using a game IDE by the name of Stencyl.
It’s official. The troubles I was having with the engine are over. As of today (and I have spent the last two weeks working on this) I can get first person animations into CryEngine 3.
This is extremely important, both for my project and for the Cry-Community. With the problem solved, and after I get a few more things tested.. I’m going to begin work on a melee weapon tutorial for CryEngine.
I know, a shock to me too. Believe me. Truthfully, I really like the engine. There’s just this fundamental problem, and it’s probably just me. I can’t seem to export animations from a first-person skeleton into the engine. Everything I’ve tried achieves nothing. It’s like a nightmare come true. Basically, I rig, I pose, I animate, and then when I go to Export – BLARGH, the program pukes up all over my screen and I have to crack out the Task Manager to finish the job.